Rights Respecting School
In May 2021, Crieff High School was accredited as a Silver for the Rights Respecting School Award. This means we are a Rights Aware school. Rights Respecting Schools is based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. This means as a school we ensure that Children’s Rights are at the centre of everything we do: what we teach, our school policies, our school ethos and within our local and global initiatives.
What do we need to do to be a GOLD Rights Respecting School Award?
- Explicitly adopted a child rights approach based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and is embedded it in school policy, practice and culture
- Children, young people and adults in your school have a thorough understanding of child rights, and rights respecting attitudes and language which is embedded across the school
- RRSA has had a positive impact on children and young people’s learning and wellbeing
- Students see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and are advocates for social justice, fairness and children’s rights at home and abroad.
At Gold: Rights Respecting, we are aiming to intensify and broaden:
- Teaching & Learning about rights
- Teaching & Learning through rights
- Being ambassadors for the rights of others
Check out what our Rights Respecting Pupil Group and School Improvement Group have achieved already!